My exciting, skinnifying, and bloggifying experience into the world of Raw Food Lifestyle.

It's not just a lifestyle, it's an adventure!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Glut

Wow. Easter was awesome, and unfortunately my sister's cooking was fantastic, as usual. I did pig OUT!
But now I'm home and today I spent cleaning the house and cleansing myself. I just drank tea today. Allowing my gut to cleanse. I've only been hungry a couple times today and every time I feel that hunger sneaking up on me, I chant my mantra... "hungry is good!". And in all honesty, it does feel good to get hungry. Man, I was miserable from all the rich food I ate at Easter. I felt like I'd eaten lead. Today I feel perky and energetic, just from NOT eating. Sometimes it pays to do without for a day.

So tomorrow, it's a green smoothie for me. I'll make a blender full of that tomorrow morning and will work on it throughout the day, and nothing for dinner. Most of the weight I've lost was from cutting out night time eating. It's amazing how much weight it packs on, just eating at night.

Tomorrow, I look forward to the energy and feeling of general well being that my green smoothie provides. But I better go to the store! The fridge is a little bare. I'll get some baby greens and cerlery and throw it into the blender with the juice of a lemon, a couple of ripe "nanners", an apple or pear or two and that should do it. It'll be green, sweet and delicious. It truly is a magical food, the green smoothie. I learned about it from the book "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko. Such a great little book, and it has some really good recipes in it. I want to get her book "Raw Family". It tells the story of her family; how bad their health was years ago before they went onto the raw foods diet. Did you know her son was diagnosed with type A juvenile diabetes when he was little? The doctors said there is no cure for it, but after going raw, HE NO LONGER HAS IT. That is blindingly amazing to me. Goes to show you, it is allll about the nutrition, and there's no better nutrition than raw greens, vegetables and fruits. No better in this world.

So, what did everyone do for Easter? Didja glut like I did? LOL.  I hope not, but if you did, don't sweat it! Climb back up on your raw food horse and go for the gusto! Have that green smoothie! Eat that organic apple! Make that nice marinated broccolli and sun-dried tomato salad! Eat your greens! (or drink them, as the case may be). Feel better and get skinny people. That's my plan!

Well, I'm off to play Farmville. If you hear sheep bleating and cows mooing, it's just me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment